Date: August 5, 2017
Start Time: 6:30 A.M. for runners, 6:00 A.M. for walkers
Course Limit: 3.5 hours (or 4 hours for early start walkers). Barricades will be removed at 10 A.M. and remaining athletes must keep to the side of the road.
Course Description: Point-to-point course. Scenic road course through pine trees, surrounded by mountains, and general elevation decline with rolling hills. Cool temperatures with highs usually in the 80's. Closed to traffic (outbound lane) between the start and mile 2, as well as between mile 10 and the finish.
Start Line: Athletes will transported by bus to the start line, which is located on forest road 3144 (see course map).
Finish Line: Blue Ridge High School
Athlete Race Perks:
- Scenic Mountain Route
- Performance Participant Tee
- Swag Bag with Lots of Goodies
- Spirited Volunteers at Aid Stations
- Finisher Souvenir (Medal or Mug)
- Overall and Age Group Awards
- Post-Race Food and Celebration